Modern day technologies have made its way to every corner of the earth. Human beings cannot imagine a day without using one of these in daily life, from cell phones to computer, cars to airplanes and these are just a few examples of it. Your house itself maybe is full of electrical appliances like air conditioner, refrigerator, and oven, television to name a few. All these devices need to be repaired and need maintenance from time to time. This is where you will need an electric technician, they know their way through these devices. Electric technicians are those who help to create, repair and maintain the electrical or electronic components and equipment which are used in devices which runs on electricity. You can also apply for different courses to become an electrical technician. This article will basically revolve around the 5 tips to become an electric technician.
Few tips about how to become an electric technician
An electric technician job is to install, assemble, test, maintain and repair electrical devices and also works on the wiring of a house and building. So, if you are interested in the job of an electric technician here 5 tips to become an electric technician one which is as follows:
- Earn a high school diploma: You have to complete at least your high school or equivalent degree. If you are still studying in high school you can choose geometry and trigonometry as it will help you understand the course of technician better.
- Take pre-apprenticeship training at a vocational college or trade school: Here the practical work is more and the theory part is not much, you have to attend only classes. It is really helpful to work on projects as you will gain more technical knowledge rather than sitting in the class understand the theory.
- Apply for training as an apprenticeship: It will be better if you apply for apprenticeship training where you can learn much more in the field instead of sitting in the class and making notes. All you have to give an aptitude test which is conducted to check your reading comprehension and right ability. At last, you have to give a job interview on the basis of which you will be selected.
- Register as an electrician trainee in your state: There are few states where you have to register as an electrician trainee before starting the practice.
- Complete the apprenticeship training and get the license: this is an important step where you will get on the job training besides the classroom course which involves many processes all the knowledge you have gained till then. You will be supervised under a master throughout the course after completing the course a license but you have to keep in mind that different states have different standards of license. You can contact them for any query before working in that particular state.
Once you complete the above 5 tips to become an electric technician you can easily practice in any state, you just have to contact the state authorities as well as the municipality and tell them that you want to work there. You also have to prove the validity of your certificate to the state and also have to mention the master electrician under whose guidance you have worked.